Perhaps you’re like me–you resist “selling” the things you are involved in. I am a lot more comfortable promoting the amazing things you all are involved in than pointing to what I am working on.
There’s actually a good reason why many of us are uncomfortable with promoting the things we are involved in.
Why? Because it’s really noisy out there.
In my work I spend a lot of time looking at trends in culture and media. In a PBS Frontline documentary a number of years ago called Merchants of Cool, researchers noted that young people see as many as 10 million very persuasive, highly targeted media messages by the ago of 18. One advertising executive called them “the new continent” that is being discovered and conquered. The competition for them is bloody, as Madison Avenue companies fight to gain “life time consumers.”
As a result, young people have become at the same time the most sophisticated consumers in history and the most cynical. With good reason. Everyone’s trying to sell them something.
So, you’ll see why I am not a little uncomfortable with the headline: “Why The 2:10 Project Should Be a Part of Your 2012 Year.” Nevertheless, if you’ll me give some latitude here, would you consider how The 2:10 Project might be an important part of your 2012?
If one or more of the following statements describe your life or your view on life–
- If you believe that God placed you on this earth for a purpose that goes beyond just surviving and staying out of trouble…
- If you don’t buy the chicken little view of the world that “the sky is falling,” and sense that you have something very important to contribute to make the world a better place for all of us…
- If you are just crazy enough to believe that you can bring some joy into people’s lives this year, simply by living out who God made you to be…
- If you have a tiny seed of faith to believe that God can help you walk out of the struggles that have held you back for a long time…
- If you have a dream–one that you think God planted in your heart a long time ago, one that is stirring you to live courageously…heroically, even…
- If you desire to embrace what God’s Word says about who you are, Who He is, and what He has purposed for your life….
…then I encourage you to consider joining us on this adventure, called The 2:10 Project, Discover Your Place In God’s Story!
Why should you consider The 2:10 Project in 2012? Because we believe the most important thing that can happen in your life and my life is for us each to hear God’s voice–whether that is for the first time or the hundredth time. Which is exactly what The 2:10 Project is all about.
Add a comment
You must be logged in to comment.